Blind School Diwali Mela is on in full swing (21 – 27 October 2016). Perhaps the most popular Diwali Mela in NCR, it is definitely worth a dekko. Do look out for the following attractions.
1. The Blind Relief Association Stall – The students here make pocket friendly beautiful products such as candles, artist gift wrappers and bags, diyas and so on. These are available at the stall. Vision or no vision, they light up our lives in the festival season.
2. The colourful lamps and lanterns in unique shapes and variety of sizes and material, that would surely be the pride of your balcony / entryway.
3. The handmade chocolates and cookies that could give any MNC chocolatier a run for its business.
4. If you are tired of shopping, relax in the food court and enjoy some finger licking food from one of the food stalls at Blind School Diwali Mela
5. The unique installation by a variety of artists in collaboration with Indigo. This is like a makeshift hall that carries artwork and audio clippings emphasising the role of art in life for the blind – and the sighted.
The installation is a welcome addition to the Mela this year. Amongst all the opulence of the event, it makes the visitors think about ground realities, about simple pleasures of life.